This time I spent less than S$1.9K on Air tickets (including domestic flights) and accommodations. S$2K on traveling, food, souvenirs and shopping (excluding my “bags shopping” of course). So according to my budget and my annual leaves, I planned a 14 days trip to Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Brussels with 1 of my travel buddy. So yeah… it’s quite a short trip. Accommodation wise, I set each of us a budget of S$800 to find an entire apartment to ourselves throughout the trip. It’s only the two of us (ladies) travelling so we wanted firstly; safety and comfort, secondly; good location! There are a lot more cheaper accommodations out there if you are on an even tighter budget! So here you go….
Air tickets –
Qantas return tickets (operate by Emirates) : S$913.20 / pax with 30kg check-in baggage
Arrive in : Barcelona
Depart : Amsterdam
– It’s an open-jaw ticket (if you have no idea what this is, it means a round-trip ticket where you arrive into and depart from a different city.) I arrived in Barcelona and returned from Amsterdam. So I don’t have to travel backwards or make a big round trip back to Barcelona just to take my flight back. Save time and save money. And very lucky of us, we manage to travel on Emirates A380 for ALL our flights!! ^^
Ryanair : S$79.20 / pax with 15kg check-in baggage
One-way : Barcelona – Paris
– For Ryanair or any other budget airlines in Europe, they are very VERY strict on our hand carry baggage. Especially Ryanair. So if you are planning to travel light without any check-in baggage, make sure your bag is within their cabin size (you’ll have to fit your bag into the baggage frame) and weight. Or else, they will bring a credit card machine straight to you right before you board the plane. Saw this happened on other passengers.
Air France : S$106.40 / pax with 20kg check-in baggage
One-way : Paris – Amsterdam
Total Air tickets : S$1,098.80
Barcelona 4 nights (airbnb) : S$225 / person
– Located in front of the Catedral de Barcelona and 5 mins walk to Urquinaona subway station.
Paris 4 nights (airbnb) : S$197.95 / person
– 5-10 mins walk to Champs Elysees & Charles de Gaulle Etoile Metro.
Amsterdam 5 nights (airbnb) : S$327.30 / person
– Located in Albert Cuyp Market. (means LOTS of street foooood!) 6 mins walk to tram stop, 10 mins to center area by tram and 16 mins to Central train station by tram.
Total Accommodations : S$750.25
Airtix + Accommodations : S$1,849.05
So basically, Amsterdam’s accommodations are a little more expensive. Nonetheless, I am glad to be able to keep within the budget and that means I don’t have to cut down on my expenses~!! =)
Due to time constraint, we travelled from Amsterdam to Brussels for a one day trip only. We took the train early in the morning from Amsterdam Central Station to Brussels Central Station and back in the late evening. The journey took about 2.5hrs per trip and the tickets cost €50.40 per person. In future, if I have more time in my hand, I will definitely explore other parts of Belgium!
Here are some pictures of the places that I have visited..~
Our apartment in Barcelona.
(room pictures are all taken by phone, pardon the low quality)
Our studio apartment in Paris. A tiny and cosy apartment. Very clean and in a very good location! Would love to stay here again if I ever come back to Paris!
View of the Arc de Triomphe from our apartment! =)
I would not be showing the Amsterdam’s apartment because I wouldn’t recommend that apartment. The apartment was not clean and there was a stale smell and a smelly toilet. Well, this is the cons of renting other people’s apartment/home. There is a risk to take and not everyday is Sunday. However, the location is pretty good. Street foods and cafes are right in front of the apartment!
Alright, the end for now. Will post more pictures on each places soon~! ♥